When visitors come to your place of business one of the first things they see is the property’s exterior. The wrong appearance could give clients and customers a negative vibe and essentially ruin your company’s reputation. That’s why curb appeal is a big deal. It aligns with your brand and further gives outsiders a visual of what it means to do business with you. In an instant, the way the outside of your business looks can bring in new customers or send them running the other way.
Though improving your building’s curb appeal will mean investing a considerable amount of money, it does come with a plethora of returns including the potential to increase customer visits, further establish your brand as high-quality, increase your property value, and help you to stand out among the competition. If you believe this is an investment worth considering, here are some effective ways to spruce up the outside of your commercial property:
- Pressure Washing – Though it may be invisible to the naked eye, buildings collect a lot of dirt and debris. As it accumulates, it can make the property look dingy and dirty. You can remedy this by hiring a professional window washer to pressure wash the building. You may just find that your building is a lot more attractive once it’s been cleaned.
- Landscaping – The landscape surrounding your commercial property also needs to be cared for. You can hire professional landscapers to cut the grass and get rid of leaves or other debris. For a pop of color to catch the eye of passersby, you might also request wildflower seed mix from Nature’s Seed to liven the space up. Your clients will be drawn to the attention to detail you put into making the outdoor space look inviting.
- Add or Update Signage – Signage is very important for businesses in all industries. It lets visitors know right away that they’ve arrived at the right location. If your signs are faded, dirty, or otherwise worn down, you should have them replaced. Create signs that are bold and stand out, while also conveying a message that correlates with your brand.
- Lighting – Lighting is a key component when it comes to adding curb appeal to your business. It helps to illuminate parts of the building that you find most attractive, while also providing clients with a well-lit path to your door. Invest in vibrant lights that provide a bit of style and safety at the same time. Motion lights, landscaping lights, and even pole lights are all ideal options for a business looking to make a great impression.
- Repave Pathways – Are the sidewalks surrounding your commercial property discolored or damaged? This is not only unappealing but a safety hazard. Should someone get hurt, you could be looking at a personal injury suit. You can kill two birds with one stone by having pathways repaved.
- Repaint and Restore the Parking Lot – Having adequate parking for your customers is a requirement for most businesses. Customers don’t want to damage their cars trying to park in spots with potholes and other damage. So, do your business a favor and have the parking lot repaved and then repaint the lines.
- Outdoor accommodations – Whether you run a medical facility, restaurant, apartment, or office building, outdoor accommodations can really take the cake when it comes to curb appeal. Giving your clients somewhere they can sit down and enjoy the weather is a plus. It prevents them from having to remain indoors in crowded waiting rooms or reception areas as they wait for their appointment. A few chairs and small tables would do the trick.
Curb appeal isn’t just for residential properties, it’s something that commercial property owners need to concern themselves with as well. Think about it. When you visit a place of business and the parking lot is a mess, the premises are dark, the exterior looks dingy, and the signage is old as time, are you going to want to do business with that company? Chances are you won’t. That’s why focusing on curb appeal is of the utmost importance. Just a bit of effort in the areas listed above can improve your image and get more customers through your doors.short url: