Employee Education

Why Every Startup Should Consider Hiring Humanities Graduates

For college students, choosing a major is a major decision. We’re pushed and pulled in so many directions: following our hearts, family traditions, prestigious careers, and high salaries. Should we specialize early, or attempt to establish ourselves as well-rounded? You probably can’t answer these questions even now. Seems cruel to expect that of a teenager – doesn’t … [Read more...]

Only 30% of Your Workers Are Engaged: How to Motivate the Other 70%

According to Villanova University, only 30% of US workers are engaged and inspired at work. That means that 70% of employees are disengaged and uninspired at work. If you let that happen at your business, you could lose productivity. This can impact the quality of your product and, therefore, your profit. To help you get those 70% motivated, here are some techniques you can use … [Read more...]

Innovations Your Company Should Adopt to Attract Talented Millennials

Time is the ultimate harbinger of change. This is true in all aspects of life - including the pool of potential employees. With the new year well under way we are facing a large pool of Millennials that are ready to join the workforce in any and all capacities you can imagine. In the US alone there are almost 55 million Millennials ready to work hard. This cannot be ignored if … [Read more...]

The Education Engine: An Interview with Rich Carr

Dean Rotbart talks with Rich Carr in this interview about The Education Engine, a system that business owners can use to create online courses, or even online universities, on any topic. Mr. Carr discusses how creating an online course can serve multiple purposes. It can, of course, be a money-making venture, where you charge people to take the course, but it can also be a … [Read more...]