As a company, one aspect of concern is resource allocation. In terms of staffing, you must consider qualifications and training as well as weighing the importance of each department in the running of your business. A great way to save money without compromising on quality is to hire a freelancer or possibly a few freelancers. You can find freelancers for just about any task, and it is important to do your research.
For example, you have probably heard of WordPress and perhaps you utilize the free service they provide but you might want to consider employing a WordPress developer. WordPress site cost might not be considered in your marketing budget initially, but upon researching this service, you may find that it is the most cost effective way to boost your digital marketing. So first and foremost, do plenty of research to figure out where you can utilize a freelancer. Next you need to weigh the pros and cons of using their services.
- Freelancers will be experienced in their chosen field and are likely to provide evidence of the quality of their work.
- The business does not have to invest in any specialized training for their own staff as they are hiring those who are already experts in the field.
- You can hire freelancers for specific projects or tasks, meaning you do not need to pay a wage during quieter periods.
- You are not obliged to offer holiday or sick pay.
- An hourly or daily rate means you only pay them for the work that they do.
- No need to worry about employers’ liability insurance if you are a small business relying solely on hiring freelancers.
- Freelancers work independently which means you do not need to supervise everything they do or provide an office space for them to work in.
- Depending on the type of work and the experience of the freelancer, they may ask for a lot of money but you can rectify this by shopping around.
- They will only do the job they are hired for. Employees can often be utilized in various ways and can contribute to other tasks. The money you pay a freelancer goes toward just the one project they were asked to do.
- While you do not have to supervise them or provide an office space, this means you will have to trust them to do the work in a timely manner and only charge for the time it took to do it.
- Freelancers often work on multiple projects at a time for multiple companies, so their focus will be split, and they may not always be available to you.
- You could be taking a risk. Freelancers are not subjected to the same vetting that is in place when hiring employees and so there is less assurance of quality of the work or their ability to meet the necessary deadlines. This is why you need to find them via a reliable source.
If you do a sufficient amount of research, weigh the costs, and know what it is your business needs specifically, freelancers can definitely be an asset to your work. You’ve just got to ensure you hire the right ones for the job.short url: