Using social media has become essential in any marketing strategy today – it’s no longer just a trend. With millions of posts, photos, videos, and other content shared daily on social media, it’s amazing how much data and insight you can collect from consumers. Social media has enabled entrepreneurs to build closer relationships with customers and have real-time conversations from anywhere in the world. To unlock the power of your content marketing, you have to start listening to your community – and that’s where social listening takes the spotlight.
What is Social Listening?
Social listening is a strategy in which you interact with your consumers and collect digital feedback in order to understand what they’re saying about your brand and industry online. Marketing teams use social listening for community management above all, providing direct responses to questions, complaints, and comments. Even if you don’t have people in your small business who specialize in this sort of work, you can help your business grow by dedicating a portion of your work day to social listening. You can use then use the information you glean to differentiate your brand, product, or service. While social monitoring does almost the same thing, the main difference is that it’s more about just compiling data. If you analyze the data gathered during social monitoring and use that analysis to inform company actions and strategy, then you’ve transitioned into social listening.
How Can Social Listening Help You Grow?
- Social listening allows you to prioritize and evaluate feedback from the public. This feedback can be used to create more appealing offerings, both in the form of products and services, as well as content and advertisements. By using social listening, you are proving that you care about your customers as much as your business, and missing out on so much feedback can even be harmful.
- Small businesses can thrive using social listening. By managing your reputation and knowing the general sentiment about your brand, you will always stay on top of things. You can add simple and free social monitoring tools to your arsenal, and with them be able to respond quicker and collect clues about what can make you stay relevant.
- By listening to topics your audience is talking about you can gain insight about any problems and their key motivations, which can improve your customer service. This strategy also allows you to learn about your brand – that way you can greatly improve your content marketing.
- Building a community is essential to your online popularity and success. Social listening can help you track conversations and learn what drives your audience, identify potential buyers, and define key influencers in the sector.
- Many consumers expect a reply – that’s why response rate and speed are important when it comes to social listening. You’ll have a better chance to connect with your community if you have good reaction time – the faster you identify problems and negative comments, the more satisfied your customer base will be.
- It almost goes without saying that by using social listening you can significantly improve your sales and quality of product or service. You’ll have a better idea on what to avoid, and learn about your user’s intent to purchase.
- Learning about your competitors is also a perk that comes with social listening. Now, in order to do this properly, you should definitely consult with experts, like SEO services Brisbane, who will provide you with great insight into what you’re up against and improve your campaign.
How to Do Social Listening Properly
To be successful in social media and content marketing the key is to listen carefully. Only when you’ve joined the community and interacted with them can you learn what’s most important to them. Here are some suggestions that will help you get the most out of social listening:
- Gather valuable insight on what your customers are saying to you, your competitors, and each other, and find a media monitoring tool that can help you find specific key terms that are relevant to your brand.
- Focus on creating quality and compelling content that attracts a loyal audience. That way you’ll get more of your content shared over social media, resulting in more visibility.
- Connect with the online influencers in your market who have quality audiences and are likely to be interested in your products or services. If they deem you as an interesting source of information, they will share your content with their own audience.
- Most importantly – don’t ignore people who reach out to you. Acknowledge every person who comes to you over social media and build relationships with them.
If you want your marketing campaign to be successful, you have to tailor it to the needs of your audience. Don’t underestimate the power of social media and use the potential it provides you with social listening, and you will see that in no time you’ll build a better community and brand.