Even though the year is still young, a change in trends has already been identified. More people still need houses to live in, and that means that more houses will be constructed. If not, people who have had homes will be refurbishing their houses to increase the house value or return life to the places. Everything in the world seems to be evolving, from technology to the building of houses.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, people have spent more time in their homes. This has made it easy to identify areas in the houses that need to be changed or upgraded. Like never before, 2021 seems to be carrying lots of new trends in house finishing and remodels.
Materials to Be Used for Door Handles
For a long time, door handles have been made of brass. Lever handles, pull handles, and doorknobs have been in dominance when it comes to door handles. Today, doors don’t have to be common. We already use hinged doors or sliding doors in offices, but that has already become old-fashioned. People are already taking it to another level by installing barn doors in their homes. This means that we are going to see more barn door handles being bought in 2021. Door handles will be using the following materials in 2021:
- Stainless steel
Materials for Flooring
When you want a house to look updated, you must think twice about the flooring. Some floors are just bare and carpeted, while others are tiled either with natural stone or ceramic tiles. What is happening in 2021 is that the materials won’t change much, but there are lots of designs that the flooring will be adopting.
- The most common vinyl flooring will be vinyl sheets, planks, and SPC rigid core that is 100% waterproof.
- Tiles have been in square shapes, but that is outdated as tiles take creative and more appealing forms, for example, hexagon tiles. Tiles have also taken other outstanding designs such that they look like marble stones or take a format as requested by the homeowner.
- Laminate flooring has been used in the past, but it takes different designs and looks. A good example is wood look-alike laminates. Laminates are affordable and stylish and may stay even longer than just in 2021.
- Engineered hardwood flooring will also be used in flooring new houses. This brings an authentic look to a home, and it might not be trending for just 2021, but for the next couple of years. It’s a good idea for people looking forward to adding more value to their homes
- Some people still love carpet and rugs in their houses. Most people will probably go for eco-friendly mats.
Materials to be Used for Countertops
The kitchen is one of the most critical places in the house. Ideally, no house will be called a complete home without a kitchen. That said, there is a need to have good looking, clean, and durable countertops so that kitchen work is quickly done. Granite, concrete, solid surface, and laminate countertops have been typical in the past. Quartz and marble countertops are among the latest developments that don’t seem to be ending soon.
People need countertops that are not susceptible to dents, abrasion, and scratches. They also need countertops that are easy to clean and maintain. In 2021, people will use the following materials for the construction of countertops:
- Quartz solid surface – this material will be made by combining ground quartz and plastic resin to create a rigid surface. It can be designed to resemble marble, stone, or granite.
- Natural stone – some people prefer natural stone to marble and quartz as such countertops still look classic and antique.
- Natural wood – all that needs to be done is treat the wood so that it becomes waterproof. Wood countertops give a natural and authentic look to the house.
- Solid resin – this material makes a very hard countertop. It has qualities similar to quartz, but it has so many designs and colors that everybody can get a product of their taste.
- Glass countertops – people would forgo this option in the past with fears that glass will easily break. Today, glass countertops are becoming common since the glass used to make the tops is very durable, easy to clean, and has multiple uses. The glass is resistant to heat, scratches, and abrasion. People who love stylish kitchens will be going for glass countertops in 2021.
These are just a few of the ideas you can use in your home. As the year progresses, we are sure to see more trends that people will love.