There is always something new in digital marketing. As the year comes to a close, healthcare marketers explore the most up-to-date content marketing strategies that will help them reach their marketing goals for the coming year.
This article will cover fresh content marketing tips that engage patients from different generations. It highlights techniques that show your industry expertise and authority.
Get away from the usual blogs and web page content and use these five best content strategies for healthcare.
Use Patient Insights to Create Unique Marketing Content
Patient insights and community ideas help you make better and more useful content. Patients who have had a great experience under your care are happy to share their experiences, needs, and ideas. Imagine. Each patient is a treasure trove of great content! Create case study videos, care strategies, and infographics from their experience.
Since you will be using patient information for marketing, make sure your efforts are HIPAA-compliant. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act sets guidelines to safeguard patient health information (PHI) against hacking or other security threats. Observing HIPAA when developing content promotes patient trust in your practice.
Gather patient insights through surveys, reviews, comments, and testimonials and use them with the following tips.
- Gather reviews and testimonials to create a video presentation. Involve patients in spreading your healthcare values by including their reviews and testimonials in your marketing video. Quote their messages or invite them to be part of the actual video.
- Turn your patients into healthcare ambassadors. Give a patient an incentive, like a free checkup or a free room upgrade, to get them to become an ambassador or supporter of your brand.
- Use reviews to make web content. Place patient reviews front and center on your homepage, or use a review or testimonial web page.
Define Healthcare Topics that Interest Your Patients
Create more compelling content by exploring the topics your patients and prospective patients prefer. For a plastic surgeon, that could be new plastic surgery treatments, while for dermatologists, it could be cutting-edge anti-aging solutions.
Run surveys and questionnaires to find out what your target audience wants. Check their comments or reviews too. Better yet, ask your patients outright on your social media platforms. The following are examples of the latest healthcare content topics.
- Relevant health issues. Topics like post-COVID-19 management, cancer cures, sleep difficulty treatments, and stress management are just a few of the hottest topics in healthcare.
- Provide content from industry experts. Your patients are more likely to believe professionals and experts in your industry. This content promotes content credibility and authority.
- Have interactive content like quizzes and calculators. These could be weight loss calculators, calorie counters, health insurance calculators, and much more.
- Patient reviews and testimonials. 85% of consumers rely on online reviews in making smart buying decisions. Use patient quotes or stories on your social media, videos, blog posts, and website.
Try New Content Platforms
Show your patients that you are innovative, creative, and updated by trying new healthcare content platforms. According to Digital Authority Partners, using the latest content marketing strategies helps you outrank your competition.
There are various content marketing platforms; some have been around for years, like Facebook and YouTube, yet offer new content features for marketers. New content techniques like short videos, new reel features, and marketing messages are just some of the most popular. Remember these tips when trying out new content platforms.
- Hook with an engaging introduction. Whether you have a video, infographic, or blog post, encourage your audience to check your content with a great intro. Use your keywords to optimize your content for search engines. You may also use a summary or highlights to provide content insights for better engagement.
- Narrow down your content focus. Zero in on the audience that is more likely to need your content.
- Create content in your brand voice. Your brand voice is the way you talk to your patients. Your voice defines your style of communication and should be true to your values. You can be authoritative, intellectual, caring, or fun.
- Find their preferred content platform. A 2022 survey revealed that the most popular digital marketing platform among marketers in the US was social media at 93%. Second is paid search marketing at 89%. Check your stats on various marketing platforms and focus your content efforts on the one with the most engagement.
Create Content with the Guidance of Medical Professionals
By working with medical experts in your field, you can show your audience that you care about giving them quality and up-to-date information. Collaboration with other healthcare professionals helps you develop more effective and efficient health solutions. You can also bring your practice closer to other specialists.
Professional collaboration also helps you communicate with your peers and improves morale. All these positive effects can help you create better and more effective content for your patients and prospects. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Define the purpose of your collaboration. Meet with your medical collaborators and set your goals so you can focus in the same direction. Your goal could be to disseminate health information or to promote a new service.
- Prefer open or closed collaboration. Open collaboration entails inviting experts from other businesses and industries. Closed collaboration involves using specialists with a keen knowledge of your topic. Choose the type that brings out the best content results.
- Use videos or podcasts. These two marketing channels engage better than others and are perfect for introducing collaborations with fellow healthcare professionals. Produce content regularly: weekly, biweekly, or bimonthly episodes would do.
You need great content to support your digital marketing efforts. Updated strategies like using patient insights, knowing patient-preferred topics, and trying new content platforms are all great methods. Collaborating with healthcare experts can also give you an edge over other providers or professionals.
The best content is key to getting more leads, increasing site traffic, and building your brand online. Follow these updated strategies today.short url: