Just a few years ago, traditional marketing was just as effective as digital marketing. Fast forward to today and the digital world has grown at an unbelievable rate. Internet and social media usage are increasing each year and businesses are starting to leverage this growth through digital marketing.
If you’re trying to grow your start-up, you’ll need to create a strong digital marketing strategy to succeed in a competitive market. And this will involve using a variety of different techniques. To help you get started and maximize the growth of your new brand, here is the ultimate digital marketing 101 guide.
What Is Digital Marketing and What Are the Main Digital Marketing Strategies?
Digital marketing is any form of marketing that uses online platforms and channels.
The main components of digital marketing include:
- Search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) – Optimizing your online content to organically rank highly on search engine results pages, such as Google.
- Websites – Your area to shine! You can drive customers to landing pages and product pages to generate leads and sales. Including details about your brand in an ‘about’ section will help customers to learn more about your business.
- Pay per click (PPC) advertising – A form of paid advertising where you can pay each time a customer clicks on your ads. This is great to generate more leads and drive traffic to your website.
- Social media marketing – Using different social media platforms to market your brand and connect with your audience.
- Video marketing – Producing high-quality videos to boost brand awareness, generate leads, and enhance customer engagement. To maximize your video marketing success, you can use a professional video production company, such as Zipinmedia
- Email marketing – Advertising by sending regular emails to a list of subscribers.
- Remarketing – After a customer has been on your website, cookies are used to retarget these customers through ads in the future.
No matter what industry you’re in or the products and services that you offer, you must be using digital marketing to your advantage. Incorporate each one of the online marketing methods above into your existing marketing plan to maximize the growth and success of your business.
Why Should You Use Digital Marketing?
Consumers are online for most of the day thanks to mobile devices. Whether they’re using a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, they’re consuming digital media from the moment they wake up to the moment they fall asleep.
As a brand, you’re missing a huge opportunity for growth if you’re not online. Almost all consumers go online and check a company’s website before buying a product.
Nowadays, digital marketing is not exclusively used to advertise your products. It’s also used to generate conversation and engage with your customers on a closer level. Consumers crave connection. They want brands to value them as customers and they’re looking for personalized experiences. Without using digital marketing effectively, you’d be unable to create these genuine connections with your customers.