Whether setting up a shiny new pay-per-click marketing campaign or getting your blog to take off, keywords are the fuel to drive your car on the high-speed roads of the internet.
Of course, the exceptional visibility keywords give you comes with a caveat: your competitors will be using them too.
The workaround is deceptively simple in theory yet complex to pull off: find popular keywords you can use for your internet presence before your competitors do. A digital marketing company is familiar with these ropes and can help you find the perfect keywords to give you that extra push of visibility on the internet.
Interested? Keep reading to learn more about how you can snag the popular keywords before your competitors, or you can hire a digital marketing company to help you get to these popular keywords before they do.
It precisely works the way it claims on the tin: you look at what everyone around you is doing to understand what works and doesn’t. Of course, the internet is a big world, but it’s also crowded. So one way to gain an advantage over competitors is to perform competitive keyword analysis; it can mean the difference between finding your precise audience and missing them by a hair’s breadth. Here’s how you can do a quick competitive keyword analysis in five easy steps.
- Keep Your Eyes on Competitors: Identifying your digital competitors is the first step in doing quick competitive keyword analysis. Remember that your digital competitors can be different from your local competitors.
- Perform Organic Research on the Competition: Ensure that you review competitors’ sites to find out their top pages and keywords. You can even use the organic research tool to access a competitive positioning map.
- Analyze Competitor Keywords: The keywords gap tool comes in handy in this step. You can utilize this tool to check the keywords you have in common with your competitor and also analyze the keywords you might be missing out on!
- Export Your Competitor’s Keywords: Use the Keyword Gap tool’s criteria to narrow down the competitor keywords you want to focus on. The results should then be exported to the Keyword Manager, an Excel sheet, or a CSV file.
- Organize Your Findings: Filter across your results and look at the competition for the keywords you’ve chosen. Keep in mind that keywords with a higher level of competition may be more difficult to rank for.
Keyword research can be complex, especially when you’re in what feels like a race to grab all the best food in the buffet before it’s gone. However, there’s an excellent range of tools on the internet that can help you see precisely what keywords are trending among your competitors. A small, but by no means exhaustive, list includes the following.
- The WordStream keyword tool
- Google’s Auction Insights
The idea is pretty simple. Most keyword research tools on the internet, free or paid, offer several useful features. They not only show you the most popular keywords, but they’re also able to generate a valuable collection of related keywords.
When it comes to analyzing your competition, though, the most remarkable thing these keyword analysis tools can do for you is to tell you what keywords, precisely, are being used by your competitors. How?
It’s simple. You enter your competitor’s website URL into the tool, and the tool of your choice will be able to give you deep insight into a lot of data behind what your competitors have been up to.
These results will include essential data like how frequently the keyword is searched for on Google, what the competition is like, and even how much it costs to bid for a given keyword if you want to run a PPC campaign with it.
Knowledge is power; being armed with data from your analysis now puts you in a position to figure out a lot of otherwise tricky factors when choosing keywords.
Once you know what is working and ranking well based on your competitive keyword analysis, the next step is as simple as figuring out your ideal audience and putting yourself in their shoes. A digital marketing company can help you do just that.
The data you have now can help you make educated and accurate predictions about what else your audiences are looking for and how you can meet that need and boost your visibility.
While the internet has great potential to score that extra bit of visibility, it’s also true that even the most obscure niches are often saturated and have great competition. Teaming up with an experienced digital marketing company like AdLift lets you focus on your business; you can leave the nitty gritty world of keywords to them, and rest assured!short url: