The world is becoming more and more digital, especially after the pandemic of 2020. There are many people that look to start new businesses or sources of income, so the mobile app economy is booming. Both the Apple App Store and the Google Play store have been with us for over ten years and they still continue to grow, by more than a thousand new apps per day. An easy way to build an app on a budget is to refer to a Power Apps platform.
Depending on the type of app you would like to create, costs will vary massively. An offline app would be the cheapest option ranging from 12,000 USD to 25,000 USD. Moderate online connectivity can draw us back up to 45,000 USD and it only increases from there, especially if we require a chatbot, a wearable application, a messaging application, augmented reality, M-commerce, or a mobile social networking app. The enterprise mobile app would have the highest cost, costing up to 120,000 USD. These costs apply to agencies based in the US, however if we use an off-shore team, costs can be greatly reduced, with an offline app starting at just 5,000 USD and the enterprise mobile app costing around 60,000 USD.
One way would be to contract an agency, as we saw before, for them to build the app for us. However, a Power Apps platform can help us design and build an app even if we have no coding knowledge or experience. They can accelerate the development of the app, as they replace long coding with a simple drag-and-drop technique based on an extensive set of connectors and components. This allows everyone without knowledge on coding to build apps with ease. Apart from empowering people to create apps, a huge benefit is the lower cost this brings and the quick time-to-market.
- App customization: the platform allows the user to generate an easy Proof of Concept (PoC) in about a week to demonstrate the feasibility of the idea.
- App design: After analyzing the customer requirements on a system and business level, an app can be created using the platform’s best practices.
- App development: It is possible to develop the backend logic without the need to have any coding knowledge.
- App lifecycle management: The platform will create the app and automatically test it during the lifecycle of the project.
- Integration: The platform can be connected to more than 300 ready-to-use tools.
- Reporting and BI: Once the app is ready, we will be able to generate data exports, enrich our data analysis with Power BI capabilities, and prepare extensive reporting so that we have full control of our app and the data it handles.
As you can see, creating an app has now been democratized and everyone is able to build one, regardless of their knowledge of coding or computer science. Many successful apps have been generated this way, so nothing should stop you!short url: